The mission of The First Tee of The Front Range is to educate and inspire youth academically, socially, and physically through the game of golf.
The City of Aurora is partnering with The First Tee of The Front Range to offer junior golf programs that will provide regional and national opportunities for participants.
We will be offering junior golf programs that incorporate The First Tee Life Skills Experience.
The First Tee started as a way to bring an affordable junior golf program to youth and communities that did not have them. What The First Tee soon discovered was that blending the rules of the game with life and leadership skills, kids and teens didn’t just learn how to putt – they were learning important values. It began in 1997, with a partnership among the LGPA, the Masters Tournament, the PGA of America, the PGA TOUR, and the USGA. Since 1997, The First Tee has grown its network to deliver programs in all 50 United States and select international locations. In 2016, The First Tee brought character education through the game of golf to more than 5.3 million young people.
WHAT WE STRIVE TO DO!
Providing resources and opportunities for children and ultimately benefiting the community by helping to create good citizens. The values-based programs reward responsible behavior, provide character development, and provide a fun engaging sport alternative that youth can benefit from for a lifetime.
- Build trust with children, schools and the community for a partnership that will effectively enhance the quality of life for all citizens
- Provide alternatives to dropping out of school, drug use, teen pregnancy, gangs and violence
- Enhance participants’ self-esteem, build confidence and promote teamwork
- Continue to be an efficient resource that uses existing partnerships for cost-effective operations
- Motivate participants to learn a new sport, have fun and be healthy
- Create positive experiences for children and young people from four-years-old through college
- Never turn any child away for inability to pay
- Have fun